Sunday, May 10, 2009

MY MOM...

Might be hard to see these... that's how old they are... not me, just the pictures...HA! Anyway..I love my mom and wanted to pay tribute to her.. Here we are just the 5 of us when we came to Mesa many years ago... My mom loves to laugh and you will see in all the pictures..she has a radiant smile! Mom, that is what kept us all going! This was an Easter morning... l to r-Mom, Kenny holding Scott, me with the flower on my head...and Alice.

The whole gang! Mom still smiling with that many kids! In the 50's it was hard to manage!..but we did it! It's a bit hard to see but there are 8 of us kids (and a dog) the little mother holding Paul is me.
Now we are uptown and have colored pictures! This is actually an old polaroid! Mom loved those cause she could have instant pictures made! Just a few of us here..as Kenny was on his mission at the time. Mom you did a beautiful job raising our bunch! You always laughed and I think that is probably the key... I know I need to work on that area... thanks for your hard work, your example, and for your strong faith, for that I am most thankful.

4 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

What a nice looking family your mom has. Love the old pictures. and a great tribute to your mom. (Next time I come down, maybe I can help you with the settings on your scanner for when you scan black/white photos.)

Vanessa Shannon said...

Its true...Grandma always laughs and it is such an infectious laugh that you cant help laughing right along with her..even if you dont know why she is laughing! Good times :) This was a nice tribute from one great mom to another! Happy Mothers Day!

Wyatts said...

That was very nice. Happy Mothers Day to you and to Grandma Ries!

Turleygirl said...

Love all the old pictures. Great post and nice tribute to your Mother. Happy Mother's Day again to you.