Friday, September 18, 2009

A Wonderful Couple Celebrating 50 Years!

Hard to put in words the gratitude in my heart for these 2! They have been there thru thick and thin... When we were married, Pete's parents had already left this life...I actually never met them. Anyway we asked Fred and Irva to represent his parents..hard to believe they were only married 10 years when we were married! Seemed longer than that at the time. Also during the illnesses of our 2 daughters and what followed, they were there for us. I stayed in their home while those experiences happened. I can never re-pay my heartfelt thanks to you both for that special time in our lives. So this past weekend was spent paying tribute to this wonderful couple and 50 years together.
We just had our 40th wedding anniversary!
We all gathered at our home before and drove over to the anniversary for Fred and Irva together. I grabbed a few pics before: Aunt Marva above
Pete's sister, Patsy, Sorry Patsy, I didn't have my glasses on to see your eyes were closed..oh well.

Babe, Belle, Sam and Patsy...

Sisters' in laws, not all but a few of us.

Two of Fred and Irva's kids, Cyndi and Julie in the middle and 2 of Julie's kids.
Julie's daughter wanted to get in the action of photography,, Here taking her mom's picture! Very cute Julie! Sorry I didn't get everyone's picture.. But I wanted to say that Fred and Irva have 5 great children who are married and have equally nice spouses, we love them all! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS GREAT COUPLE!

2 comments:

Wyatts said...

Thanks for posting this. I missed it but enjoyed the pictures you got!

Sonda Bryce said...

Great picture of you and Pete! You look so pretty!

Grandma this is Savannah... can't wait to see you tonite. You look awesome in this picture! Love you. :)