Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunrise in the White Mountains!

I know sometimes I post pictures that may not mean anything to anyone (but me) But feeling somewhat down about my recovery from knee surgery I needed to post this beautiful picture I captured this morning . This is the view from our travel trailer we have parked at our daughter's home near Show Low. I woke early as I do most mornings and this is what I saw the first thing out our window at the head of our bed. I arose and dressed went outside for a better view... well it was spectacular! As you can see... but not only did it excite me that it was a new day...but that I could with patience learn and take the time to view what we have before us each and everyday! The afflictions that come upon our bodies at times, the adversity that creeps in our lives... sometimes wanting to overtake us with grief and pain... WE realize it is only temporary and will not last... we have so much to look forward to.
I am a blessed woman with a family who loves me and friends who are always there for me.
For that I am thankful for as I was this morning with this beautiful sunrise to welcome me to a new day!

3 comments:

Wyatts said...

It's beautiful! I could probably get up to see it too since our Rooster lets me know when the sun is about to come up but he makes me cranky! I'm getting rid of him ASAP! Then I will be happy!

Glad you came for a last minute break! It was fun!

Tamra and Jim said...

I'm glad you got to come up to the cool country for a day or so. Sorry we missed you. Sometimes our timing is so Off!!!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Nice picture! and I loved your post too....this too shall pass, as they say. Youre going to heal and everything will be fine! Love you!