Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Daughter's Birthday...


The 29th of this month we celebrate the birth of our darling Melissa. I have so many precious memories of our sweet girl...where do I begin? She was such a joy. Since we had gone through the death of our daughter Courtney 15 months prior to Melissa's birth! Oh, how excited I was to have another baby girl and 9lb 5oz! Whew! She was so cute and chubby when she was born. Of all my kids, she was so attached to me. She had to sleep with us...cried when I left her for a minute... I had to sneak out of the house when going out for a bit... she wouldn't cry as much. She was attached to me at the hip,,every mother needs that kind of baby, as it is pure joy to be loved as much as that! Now as I look back, these are the sweetest of memories for me...even when she would sneak in about 3 years of age in a really dark house, make a little bed on the floor on my side... well I could go on. The above picture shows her love for make-up, fingernail polish, manicures etc Here she climbed up on the bathroom counter and smeared my cleansing cream, and has my favorite tube of lipstick, so glad I snapped this picture!............ she was a girl and loved to primp!~ Loved to dress cowgirl too...what a doll!
She was Teri and Paul's favorite babysitter...she loved Sarah, Eddie and Dylan. I love this picture as it shows how happy it made her to be with them!
This is one of my very favorite photos I took of Melissa...Melissa lost her life to leukemia in 1996..but as this reflection reveals her life will go on, her love of children will continue as I know she loves babies as the picture of Christ reveals in this photo as well...We miss her terribly, sometimes it's unbearable, but I know she is at peace until we see her again.

3 comments:

Wyatts said...

She loved all things girl! Make-up, nails, and any extra money was spent for secretarial stuff from bakers office city to play with. Can't wait to be with her again!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Love you guys....sweet post and good for reflection. She was so beautiful. She looked so much like you Chrissy :)

Tamra and Jim said...

Love these pictures of Melissa. She is so pretty and obviously, ALL GIRL! We enjoyed being with you guys last weekend on her birthday.