Thursday, July 16, 2009

40 Years...really??!!!

Yum! this frosting is good! It's really hard for me to believe that these 2 kids married 40years ago! But this Sunday we are definately celebrating 40years signed, sealed and still enjoying our married life together! When I walked out of the temple that day knowing I would be with Pete forever....it was bliss...thru the years, we have been thru alot... but we love each other and know that it is all worth the hard times as well as the good. He's my partner in life, and has helped me to build a good family with children and grandchildren whom we both love and adore!
Here are a few shots of us at some of our vacation spots...above is Ruidosa, New Mexico.

The beautiful Grand Canyon...
This was not a vacation spot... just liked the picture and reminds me that I can be thin again if I work at it!
One of our 40 Christmas' together!

My handsome groom (who by the way was very nervous that morning!) But we sure were in love and glad that July 19th, 1969 had arrived!

6 comments:

Wyatts said...

Sweet! Love all the pictures. Wow 40 years and were 25 behind ya. I was thinking about that today when you celebrate your 50th it will be our 25th. Cool! See you soon!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Congrats! I love all the old pictures.... So does Loraleigh share your same anniversary date? Denver and I were married on the same day as my parents (30 years later of course) so its fun to share that anniversary... Well, have fun and enjoy it!

pete/chris whipple said...

LL is Aug 19th! One month behind ours!

Tamra and Jim said...

I hope your anniversary was awesome. 40 years, what an accomplishment. We're 10 behind you. Time sure flies by, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing the old pictures. What a handsome couple!

The Dana Clan said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoyed looking at your pics and reading your blog. Families are the best, even through all their bumbs and bruises.

Turleygirl said...

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! Here's to another 40