Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy, Fun-Filled Family Past Times...

Oh my goodness! March is filled with many birthdays around our house... This past weekend we celebrated Carder's 1st birthday. Some of the next few pictures jump around a bit.. but you get the picture...
I remember going to my Grandmother's home in Calif. when I was a kid...what fun! Her home was sooooo small, but we never realized til we were grown.. we just had so much fun there..who cared if it was small. We had 10 people staying with us this past weekend and beds everywhere...but I loved it! (hope they did) So glad they come...
Jaron borrowed Grandpa's mountain man regalia.. a funny moment in time.

Grandpa enjoying every minute of this...
We also were privileged to attend our grandson Caden's celebration. He was chosen for all-state band! He plays the trumpet and spent the whole day preparing at a school here in the valley. We all attended his concert that evening. Such a wonderful time. I shed a tear or two...watching this young man enjoy and excell! Uncle Tim with the kids who came.
The proud Mama and Dad...
Very pleased grandparents
Then we also celebrated Tim and Trevon's birthdays! Love those tall candels.. cool eh?
My daughter and I celebrating her new changes... Marcy, you remind me of Carol Lewis here...
And back to Caden's performance! He is in the center back...very focased. Below, already to go early that morning
One of the sweet moments a grandma loves to just savor and take in the moment. Is that so cute?

Another precious joy in our lives... Savannah's visits.
I Love Sunday dinners with kids at homeTraditions that keep going on in our family... 1st birthday..they get to just get down and dirty with their cake!
We all pass Carder around and love him so much...Can't believe he's one! Thanks Vinnie , LoraLeigh and all the other kids for birthdays, celebrations and for all the wonderful times we've had this month!

4 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

what fun times. Family is the best there is. I'm glad you had a fun March. It's almost over!!!

Vanessa Shannon said...

I just love pulling up your blog and seeing that big wonderful family picture! So impressive and so beautiful. You make it seem so fun to Grandparents! I wish that my parents were close enough to be able to enjoy all the fun things that their grandkids experience. You and Pete are really blessed. Love you guys!

Wyatts said...

Making fun family memories is what its all about! I'm glad to have a family that loves to do this! Thanks for the wonderful extended weekend. Thanks for letting us stay and make your home crazy. and I sooo loved that apple cake with lemon creme sauce! Yum!

Turleygirl said...

Good times, thanks for being so involved.