Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Burst of Energy...and a Desert Walk


For those of you that have ever had TMJ, I can really empathize with you! I have been suffering with it for some time now and find it really getting in my way! But after going to the chiropractor yesterday, following that my husband took me out to one of my favorites: Red Lobster! Anyway I was feeling really energized and came home started doing some baking. I ended up with some bread and lemon (fresh lemons off of a friend's tree) meringue pies. I love to bake for my family and friends, so glad I did it while feeling so great!
Tim and Pete went hiking today. They said the desert was exceptionally green and beautiful! As you can see! Here is Tim amongst all the lush grass.

They came upon this beautiful and LARGE saguaro cactus! Here is Pete in front of it, as you can see, the cactus seemed to dwarf him in size!
Saturdays are such fun times to kick back and enjoy hiking, baking or just hanging out with family or friends... We did both today and enjoyed the heck out of this Saturday!

6 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

the bread and pies look delicious. guess we were on the same wave length. I just put my bread in the oven. the pies are making our mouths water. Your lemon meringue is one of Jim's favorites. ......or chocolate, or coconut cream, or banana cream, ... haha any kind really. :D Hope you have a great Sunday.

Wyatts said...

Wow, the baking looks yummy! Wish I were closer. Those pictures from their hike are gorgeous. Very pretty.

Turleygirl said...

We benefited from that burst of energy and it was delicous. Thanks for sharing that big ole loaf with us.
I didn't know we had that much green here in the desert. Guess I better venture out of my little neighborhood a little more often.

Mandy said...

Wow the bread and pies make me want to bake, although I'm not so good with that yet! Still practicing. I love the desert! We are going to the valley for the weekend, So excited about that! My husband races dirt track, we have a blast!

Unknown said...

Oooooo that food looks birthdaylishous. Wish I was there to partake and feeling like hopping on a plane right now. Happy birthday Chris. Hope you had an awsome day. Will give you a call this weekend. Love Laura :)

Vanessa Shannon said...

Hi Chrissy!!! I hope you had a happy birthday. Thanks for calling to check on me....sorry Ive been so preoccupied. My friend brought her computer YAY! I didnt know you had TMJ...thats no fun... your bread and pies sure look yummy. I love you so much and am so grateful to have you as my aunt. Wish I could see you more often. Hugs and Kisses from New Mexico.....