Monday, May 10, 2010

Rejoicing in my children...

I love being mom. I love my kids and sometimes it's hard to find the words...and so tonight I can't find the words to describe my feelings about being mom, except that I have a deep love for every minute I spent with my kids when they were small and now as they are all grown..my love has deepened. It was my great privilege to have 7 children. (5 living) I heard from them all as 2 of them don't live nearby. I wait for those treasured phone calls. I feel so blessed to have lived this long and continue to rejoice in my children!
I love that my mom is still here with us! I love picking up the phone and calling her whenever I want..going over and serving her..it is joy and fills my heart with more love again than I could ever describe! How did I ever get to be this old and still have my mother with me??!! What a blessing!

Saturday we went over and spent time with mom and dad for Mother's day. It was sweet, simple and good to see mom up and around and smiling again! Isn't she beautiful?

Our eldest had us over for Mother's day. It was so wonderful to be treated like a Queen! The table was beautiful, the food was spectacular, the company was the best!!! Here she is with her eldest! Tim was present as well thanks Tim!..My camera died, Marcy has those pics and will email me soon with his picture!

With her darling middle child...

and the youngest! (I didn't say baby)

Camdon read us one of his latest poems. What a treasure my grandchildren are!!! Thanks again to all my children for your kind words and deeds!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

this was such a nice post...I love the picture of Gma with her cast. I need to call her...You are a good daughter and great mom/gma/aunt :) You are one of the women that I look up to in my life!! Glad you enjoyed your Mothers Day!

Tamra and Jim said...

I'm glad you had a special day. That's because you're a special mom!

Wyatts said...

Thanks for being such a wonderful Mother! I want to say "Caretaker" because that's what you are for everyone not just your own children. Sorry I'm so late in posting this. I forget to check the whole blog thing since I've not kept up on mine but I'm glad your still doing it! My kids especially enjoy seeing the pictures and since your not close by it keeps us all closer by you doing this! We are looking forward to seeing you lots this next week! See you soon!

Wyatts said...

The kids just came in as I was typing my comment and Kamrielle said "Oh that cast is the perfect color for Grandma. It matches." She's a girl for ya! I thought that was cute so I had to let you know. Tell Gma too. And Carder had fun saying everyones names. Especially the Turley Boys'.