Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spring Has Sprung in February!

Sometimes it's hard to believe it's Winter living here in the Valley... after living so long in Show Low and never seeing much of anything green thru the Winters there! I so enjoy planting flowers and watching them grow and bloom. So as I was watering this morning, I thought I would take a picture! So to all my family and friends in the snow country...these are for you...Enjoy and don't forget to "Take time to smell the roses" (even if it is in a floral dept of the grocery store!)

I love this wintery phrase and can only use it maybe 6 weeks here.. and by afternoons it's not valid.
These seem to be doing quite nicely.

These have been actually growing 2 years and are finally blooming for the first time ever! Flower shops use them in bouquets..not sure what they are???

I love to sit in my swing and look at our grapefruit trees.. I used climb them in the orchards when I was a kid...good times!


They are loaded this year! Anyone out there in need of some grapefruit?

5 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Yes, I love the winters in the valley. Come summer though all our stuff will be dead & they will be reaping the rewards of great weather. I guess you get the best of both worlds though, huh? I think they are either narcissus or paper whites if I remember right.

Wyatts said...

Beautiful! You guys always have nice flowers, trees, etc. wherever you are.

Vanessa Shannon said...

You are so lucky to have grapefruit trees! I wish we had the same winters here although sometimes a good snow storm is fun.

Tamra and Jim said...

wow, to have flowers in February. That's amazing. It's so beautiful there this time of year. I can't tell about the flowers. They look kind of like stefanotis (not sure how to spell it) but I can't really tell if that is what they are in the picture. Marcy probably knows better than I do.

Linde said...

I don't know if you remember me or even know me but I was good friends with Melissa. I live over here in Eagar. Karlee,Mandy, Melissa and I spent lots of good fun times together. She was such a sweet beautiful girl and I feel so blessed and so lucky to have known her. Even if it was for a short while. What a beautiful family you have!