Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Fox in Our Backyard?!

They sure are a sly looking animal aren't they? I would have never imagined seeing something like this in the valley of the sun! Much less, in our backyard! We are keeping our little kitty cat, Sophie in the house.. she's a house cat anyway,, but sometimes we let her out in the backyard with us... I don't think so for a while!
You might not want to send your "gingerbread men" over in our neighborhood! These pictures might make you a little on the sqeemish side... But this is what Kiff and I saw today in our backyard!

Kiff had mentioned sitting in our Az. room to "look at the cat going across our back wall fence"!
As I looked he exclaimed, " My gosh, it's a fox!" Sure enough...

It came over from where we have our camp trailer area as shown, went across our back wall fence and laid in our neighbors yard behind us as shown above.. a little later Kiff went out and there were TWO!!!! Maybe we will have baby foxes this spring!


5 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

my goodness. That's odd to have a fox, much less to find two of them. Maybe you are in a more rural area than you thought you were!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cool!!! What great pictures too. He looks a little to comfy laying there though...Definitley keep your kitty inside! Maybe the poor things are lost?

Turleygirl said...

What a cool thing to see but kinda creepy too. Be careful.

Wyatts said...

Wow. I thought all the wild life was up our way. It's a good thing they were not in our back yard or that would of been the end of the road for them if Vin was home. (I'm sure some people will have a hay-day with that comment) but sorry don't want them to get comfortable near my house with my kids around.

Jewels by Jacque said...

Hello Pete and Chris! This is Jacque Henry, I just started a blog for my jewelry and I wanted you to come by and check it out! Let me know your email so I can add you (: See you guys!