Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING...2008

Thanksgiving 2008 was a little quiet at our house this year. We had a smaller group than usual, Mom, Dad, Tim, Kiff and Pete and I. We take turns with the married kids going to their in-laws. Here's my dad taking it easy after the feast. My dad always takes a good picture. He is 86 now and is doing quite well for his age! We all love and respect him for the wonderful Dad he is and grandpa! Love ya Dad!!!
Here Kiff is ready and eager to dig in! ( I asked him to sit down and let me take his picture before we cut into the bird! Christopher is so handsome.. Doesn't he look like a young John Wayne? He is the quiet type like him too!

One of my most favorite things about dinners are the setting of the table... I love to set a nice table and use china and all...It gives me great joy to sit down and enjoy family, good food and a beautiful table!


Here is our Thanksgiving party except me the picture taker! Tim reminded us that we forgot to go around the table with our "thankful thoughts" so while we began to eat, we expressed what we were thankful for this year...We had gone all around and my dad was last. His was the sweetest...he only said, "I'm thankful for Chris" with tears welling up in his eyes.. it was a tender moment for me and especially mom (his wonderful caregiver these days) I know that all she does for dad now has more meaning.



4 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Everything looks beautiful.

Wyatts said...

Yes, beautiful & deliscious. You have always set a beautiful table.

Tamra and Jim said...

i agree. beautiful table and beautiful family!

Vanessa Shannon said...

I love the pics of Gma and Gpa...I miss them and wish I could hug them both! Please tell them I love them the next time you see them!