Saturday, April 24, 2010

Older Caregiving/Younger Caregiving...

Life has it's seasons' and I'm certainly in a busy one...(I know I'm always in a busy one) but this one is different as I have witnessed the aging process of my dear parents. They are needing us kids at this particular time. Dad is in pretty much severe dementia and Mom is recovering from a pacemaker insertion surgery and a right broken wrist (cast) from a fall. It's been very hard on them. Time consuming for me. Those of you that have helped out...Thank you very much! They did so much for us, it is only our turn to give back.
We had the joy of watching our grandkids yesterday..for that is another great privilege we so love to do! I love to be around small ones..they make me laugh, I never grow tired of watching their cute little ways. Pictured above is C.R. just before he was falling asleep.. isn't he getting chubby?

Here is Carder...he wanted to be a cowboy so he found this sun hat of Grandpa's and wore it around a big part of the day. He thought it was cowboy enough for him! Grandpa in the background watching his garden grow!!
Loving to play with the dump truck...
One of Caden's favorite past times. Curled up with a good book. Serving our family.. it's all part of the plan and of course, Family comes first!!! I sure love mine.

3 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

There's nothing better than spending time with and serving family. I know your parents are so lucky to have kids to help them out right now. It's hard to see them get old and unable to do what they used to do. But you are doing the right thing by taking care of them even tho it's keeping you so busy. take care of yourself, too!

Wyatts said...

We sure enjoyed our short stay & the kids enjoyed themselves hanging out with Gpa & Gma! I'm thankful we can always depend on you no matter what.

Vanessa said...

You are so wonderful to take care of your parents the way you do! As well as your grand babies and children :) I love you and even though we dont live close, I feel your love for me too! ( I have to disagree with Olive Garden though...I LOVE Macaroni Grill...oh well :) XOXO.