Friday, November 26, 2010

Gratitude

This Thanksgiving was mostly very quiet..and that's ok. Here mom and I before the feast. I look a bit tired as I was up since 3 that morning, worrying over a dinner for 7! It doesn''t matter how many, you still have to prepare turkey and ALL the trimmings!!! I slipped up on taking more pictures of the day...but we had 2 of our sons, one of our son's friends, mom, dad and us.
Tim and I noticed this most beautiful sunset recently, he loves them as I do!
He ran out and captured the moment.
It certainly makes me aware of all my many blessings when I see God's hand in the creations of the world..I always think of a song I sang once: "God painted a picture and called it the world"


Our wonderful men of the family! We are thankful for all that they are and are becoming... They all gathered near and around Fathers day this last Summer..I guess we are missing Tim also a few other nephews came as well.

I cannot do a post on gratitude without mentioning our sweet grandchildren!

I am so thankful for my girls.

Another incredible blessing, this past year was the birth and healing power that was present of our newest, little grandson Carl Ray. He's almost a year now!

We are blessed with so many wonderful friends and family! As this year comes to a close, I pause to give thanks and ponder the many thoughts and feelings I felt as I experienced trials, joys, grandkids concerts, calls/text from my kids, smiles from my husband...Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

2 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

You have had a great year and many blessings. Your thanksgiving food looks delicious, as always. We had a nice meal, too. Ate too much as usual, but we enjoyed it all. It's hard to believe CR is almost a year old. Time flies!

Wyatts said...

I finally got my internet hooked up here! Had fun catching up on all the pictures and your events! Carder is looking through them with me and he wants to go see Grandma Whipple he says. I told him maybe at Christmas?? Take care.