Monday, July 19, 2010

41 YEARS! But whose counting?

JUST KIDDING! I am...We are celebrating differently this year as I am laid up with recovering from knee replacement surgery. Usually we are off to the white mtns for some fun but a little different this year. Thanks to my wonderful husband who gave up his time to be with me...wait a minute I guess he signed up for that 41 years ago...ok! I get it! But it has been hard on me to watch him give up that time...Sorry but it has... I will look back on this Summer and forget I am sure of the rough spots.. but for now ... a tear or 2 a day is not unusual for me...
As I said we would love to be where the wind blows..CAN'T believe I said that! The Pines whirling sound as the Summer breezes come thru.. the thunder and lighting storms..our good friends we love to hang out with...(you know who you are) (J&T) grandkids running in and out of our trailer...taking a drive to who knows where?...cool night air... I know there is always next Summer!

But all in all I love spending my time eating, sleeping and just being where he is! Love you my sweetheart of 41 years!

4 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Ahhh that was nice.

Vanessa Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary! Dont worry, you'll be up and at'em again soon :) Enjoy propping your feet up and letting people take care of you (although I know it can get old fast)...plan a nice trip together for when you are ready to start moving around. Love you!

Wyatts said...

Happy Anniversary you two! And yes, Mom you will be up & around soon! And I know you guys will make up for lost time! We look forward to seeing you guys back here for some visits! Glad you got to have Kamrielle & Carder come stay with you. I hope it was more of a help than not. They love Gma & Gpa!! Hope to see you when we get back from TX!!

Tamra and Jim said...

Happy 41st anniversary. Amazing how that time just flies by, huh? Except maybe when you're laid up after surgery. But this too shall pass and you'll be up and around before you know it. I say let's shoot for a fall campout. Maybe by then you'll be up for it. I hope so anyway! Hope to see you this week.