Saturday, January 30, 2010

NOT so bad turning 60!

This story of the butterfly cake goes way back (40 years ago!) My first celebration of my birthday with Pete, he surprised me with a beautiful cake he made! Remember he was young and wasn't sure about baking, he baked it in one of our "jello molds", didn't realize the cake would rise as it baked so he filled to the brim! Needless to say, when I got home it was lovely and very much appreciated! So guess what? I received another one yesterday and was another nice surprise! Ironic that the "butterfly" has become so important in the last 14 years!
Here are a few reasons, it wasn't so bad hitting the big "60"! Sure didn't realize after Todd was born, it would be another 10 years before another son was born to us! And 2 leftys!

Luke and Paige made us these darling gifts this past Christmas...just a few joys of this past year with my sweet, dear family...

Another highlight was driving to Show Low and visiting this precious daughter and family!

The caboose...

Those near and dear to me know the significance of this picture.

I have wonderful parents who make a big difference in my life, who taught me right from wrong. I received knowledge of who I am and where I'm going..the importance of this life and the life to come...

In humility, I received this gift from Marcy! A picture of us with our grandkids and thoughts on why I am loved! THANK YOU, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I meant to send you an email yesterday but my day just took off and I didnt get to it. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I love you so much and wish I could see you more often. You are beautiful and dont look a day over 40 :) XOXOXO

Tamra and Jim said...

It looks like you had a terrific day. I hope you got my voicemail message I left on your phone. Love the cake Pete made you!